John Bolton Fired as White House National Security Adviser

John Bolton Fired as White House National Security Adviser

President Trump announced he has asked for -- and gotten - a Resignation from National Security Adviser John Bolton.

HAL TURNER COMMENTARY

While I do not relish anyone losing their job, it ALWAYS bothered me that John Bolton was hired.

To me, and this is just my opinion, Bolton was far too war hawkish, especially when it came to doing anything militarily in the interest of certain Middle East countries.  It seemed to me that Bolton was more concerned with the interests of Israel than of the United States.

Take Iran, for instance.  It seemed to me - again, only my opinion -- that Bolton was absolutely intent on going to war with that nation.  I never saw a valid U.S. reason to do so because as far as I could tell, Iran posed no threat to the United States.

Yes, they chant "Death to America"  but the way I see it, it's only because we back pretty much anything and everything that Israel wants. Perhaps I'm wrong, but our seeming fixation with Israel must be a large part of Iran's trouble with us.

I don't know who will replace Bolton but I have a feeling we'll all have some very good ideas about our future war plans (if any) once a person is named.

REMINDER: YOU can keep this web site FREE to the General Public by clicking one or more of the ads below which generates Advertiser revenue of two to three cents per click - no purchase necessary by you -- and helps offset operating costs for this web site.

Eric In GA · 9 days ago
    Totally agree with you Hal! It just shows, Trump can have Neocons in his Cabinet, and not be affected by them. No wars!
    William Bermudez · 9 days ago
    Desperately hoping it's not Erik Prince.
    Jonathan Munday · 10 days ago
    The world is just a little bit safer now. It's still baffling that he was hired in the first place, and it gives me a moment of pause regarding President Trump.
    GUY DUNPHY · 10 days ago
    Well that's a heartwarming bit of news to read first thing in the morning here in Oz.

I have to admit that Trump's hiring of Bolton greatly diminished my hopes for Trump. Still held a faint possibility that he was playing a long game to expose the warmongering, 911-plotting Neocons. But very faint. Why even bother, when the Neocon/PNAC authorship of 911, and their fetish for Zionism has become so well established?

A simple rule should be obvious by now to even a dunce: Just say no to Neocons.
      Ronald Cordova · 9 days ago
      I read that it was Sheldon Adelson that asked/ordered/ Trump to hire Bolton in exchange for 30 million dollars to elect republicans for the mid term. Bolton is certainty for Israel first as is Adelson .

Lately there has been a falling out with Miriam and Sheldon Adelson with Netanyahu, specifically his wife Sara.
      GUY DUNPHY · 10 days ago
      Oh! I just realised the date. It's Sept 11th. Bolton fired on the aniversary of 911. Actually fired. "Services no longer required." Now that's an interesting message.
    Grim · 11 days ago
    One less war mongering psychopath in our government is a very good thing. However, it's a drop in the bucket where the overall level of evil is concerned and won't really have any significant impact.